Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Fond Farewell

Alas, this lovely week has come to an end and it is time to pop in another Yanni tape and head home.  We enjoyed one last group breakfast this morning (an array of delicious leftovers from the week), gave each other hugs, then said our goodbyes.  My cabin looks lonely, but soon it will be filled with a new writer with budding hopes and dreams.  I wish them a happy and inspiring week (and secretly wish I could hide under the bed and stay here forever.)

My lonely, empty cabin. (I am not hiding under the bed.)
If you'll allow me one sentimental moment, I just want to say how wonderful this experience has been.  The Highlights team knows how to make you feel welcome, warm, and (as sappy as it sounds) special.  You can rent a cabin and write for a week anywhere, but the camaraderie and support is what really makes this place one-of-a-kind.  I have never had so much fun with a group of complete strangers nor ever laughed so much in the span of seven days.  It was truly a gift to share this week with kindred spirits.

If you are a writer, I highly recommend looking into the other wonderful workshop Highlights offers; they are well-worth every penny. :)

Although I am loath to leave, I am looking forward to going home to my hubby, furry critters, family and friends.  In light of mothers day, I would like to add how lucky I am to have such a supportive mom AND mother-in-law!  I will miss celebrating with them on Mother's day as I drive the nine hours back to Ohio and just wanted to say how much I appreciate their love and encouragement.

Time to get going.  I hope you enjoyed my posts this week.  It made me happy to share my time here with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment