Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Back from Disney

After a week of fun in the...rain...I'm back from Disney now!

Mickey jack-o-lanterns are adorable!

Yes, as they sing in Winnie the Pooh, "The rain, rain, rain came down, down, down," all over us, for most of the week.  Our first souvenirs were actually some very stylish ponchos... 

Hubby did not want to stand by me and my poncho hat.

...which I sometimes wore on my head like a hat.  ('Cause I'm just cool like that.)

But despite the soggy weather, we had a great time.  And the crowds were super-small all week, so that was definitely a bonus!  (Did you see how empty Hogwarts is in that picture?!)

Hubby and I visited all of the Disney World parks and spent an extra day at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure.  (To see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, of course!)

We dined with Mickey...

His ears were not made of ice cream.

Mauled a giant turkey leg...

This is how Tyrannosaurus Kathryn eats.

And attended Monsters University! 

Not really, but isn't it cute?

This girl loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Yes she did!

This guy did not enjoy, "It's a Small World."  NOT AT ALL.

Nor did he fit well in the boat.

And while Butterbeer was unfortunately one of the grossest things I've ever tasted, the Pumpkin Juice was DELICIOUS!

And came with a cute little pumpkin cap!

We came home with lighter wallets and suitcases stuffed with chocolate wands.  (Which were worth every Sickle and Knut!)  While it's nice to be home again, I already wish I could hop aboard Disney's Magical Express and head back to the Happiest Place on Earth.  (I'd gladly live in the Tiki Room if they let me.)  Guess we'll just have to start saving up for our 10 year anniversary!  :)  

Note: The above pictures were taken by me or my hubby.  He is just thrilled that I shared the "It's a Small World" photo with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment