Friday, April 27, 2012

Highlights Fantasy Workshop 2012

This was under construction last year!
 
Last April, I attended the wonderful Whole Novel Fantasy Workshop put on by the Highlights Foundation.  It was such a great experience, and I am thrilled to say that they invited us back for a Fantasy Reunion Workshop this year!  The workshop takes place from April 29th to May 6th, and I'll be on a plane to the Highlights homestead tomorrow.  Just like last year, I will be posting daily summaries of our lessons and speakers all next week (provided the internet holds up, of course!)  
 
Returning this year are fantasy authors Laura Ruby and Anne Ursu, our faculty extraordinaires.  There are also some bonus guest speakers on the agenda, including agent Tina Wexler and editors Jordan Brown and Patricia Lee Gauch.  (In case you don't know, Patricia edited the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.  I am ecstatic to be getting the chance to meet her!)
 
If you didn't follow my trip last year--or if you want a preview of all the fun that's to come--here are my workshop posts from last year.
 
2011 Meet the Faculty (Since this post, Ursu's Breadcrumbs has also been released.)
 
And yes, I will be bringing a camera with me to every meal to document the unbelievable food Highlights serves.  :)
 
Do check back daily to see what we're learning, reading, and eating!  I'm looking forward to sharing my time at Highlights with you!   
 
Note: Above photo of the Barn is from the Highlights Foundation website

No comments:

Post a Comment