Sunday, January 8, 2012

COSCBWI Meeting January 2012: Ready, Set, Write!


I know I usually post a summary of COSCBWI's monthly meetings, but today I'm going to tell you about it beforehand!  The Central and Southern Ohio Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (whoo--what a mouthful!) will be hosting our first 2012 meeting on January 14 at 1:00 PM at the Upper Arlington Tremont Library.  Dubbed, "Ready, Set, Write," the meeting is going to focus on your writing/illustrating goals and a group brain-storming session on steps to help you achieve them in 2012.  It's open to all members, and prospective members, too--so if you're thinking about joining SCBWI, this is a great time to see if our group is a good fit for you.  

As the Membership Coordinator of COSBWI, I am usually at every meeting to welcome you with a smiling face and answer your many questions.  However, I am disappointed to say I will be absent from the event next weekend.  (I will be meeting Mickey Mouse, though, so I guess I'm not too disappointed!)  Don't make my absence sway your attendance; our awesome group leaders and super-friendly congregation of writers and illustrators will certainly make you feel like family. :)

If you live in the Columbus, Ohio, area and are interested in writing or illustrating for children, I hope you will attend!  You can find more information on our group website at: www.coscbwi.org.  (And if you decide to join, then I will definitely see you at the February meeting!)

Have fun!  (I promise I'll think about you while I'm waiting in line for Space Mountain...)

Note: I believe I am obligated to say that although I am the Membership Coordinator of COSCBWI, this blog is in no way affiliated with the local chapter or national branch of SCBWI.  The thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog are my own, and all that legalese stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment