Saturday, December 8, 2012

December Update

I'm sorry to say it's been a little quiet around here recently.  Unfortunately, life has been rather chaotic these past few weeks.  My mom had a big health scare, so I've spent lots of my time at the hospital and helping out.  I'm really behind in everything, but that's okay.  She's getting better now, and that's really all that matters.
 
As such, I've had to re-think some things around here.  I missed my November Animal Fantasy Book Review, so I'll just post it for December.  (I don't think anyone will mind if I'm one month off.)  I also have some various things to post that are late-news at this point, but I figure late is better than never!
 
I also can't believe it's already December!  (Seriously, where did 2012 go?!)  In some ways, this bums me out.  These last few months have been so crazy and unpredictable that I feel like I'm really behind in my life.  There are lots of projects, revisions, and submissions I wanted to accomplish, but now they may just wait until 2013. 
 
I usually swear an oath at this point of the year that I'm going to enjoy Christmas OR ELSE.  It never really works, so instead, I'm just going make it my goal to roll with the punches for the rest of 2012.  If we don't put up a Christmas tree, it's no big deal.  If Christmas cards go out on December 24, that's okay.  And if the family wants to bake cookies or see Zoo Lights or watch The Night They Saved Christmas for the billionith time, than I'm just going to drop what I'm doing and join in.  Being together is more important than answering emails, running errands, and even submitting Pirate Ferret to that dream agent.  I'm going to try my best to make this my Zen Christmas--one without expectations and plenty of wiggle-room for whatever comes my way.
 
 
I hope the season isn't finding you overly-stressed!  (Maybe we should all just take a deep breath and go drink some hot chocolate for ten minutes...)     
 
Note: Clip art is from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment