Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Card 2011

This year, I decided to illustrate my own Christmas card to send to my family and friends.  Everyone should have received their cards by now, so I can finally share my picture with you!

"Do You See What I See?"

I made this design for three reasons:

1) I adore sheep.  If you've known me for the past decade, then you may recognize this little guy from a short computer graphics movie I made back in 2004.  I recently re-discovered the movie on my old computer and felt compelled to draw some sheep again.  :) 

2) I looooove the Christmas song, "Do You Hear What I Hear?"  The personification and repetition used in the lyrics is just delightful!  Obviously, the first stanza of the song was the direct inspiration for this piece.  (Secretly, I would love to illustrate a picture book of the entire song...)

3) Over the past year, I lost both of my remaining grandparents and hubby lost his grandma.  Although I had many Christmas card ideas, each time I thought of this one, I just knew it was the picture they would have wanted to see.  Grandmom Sophie, Grandpop Walter and Grandma Ruth--this card is for you.

The inside of the card read simply: "May your season be filled with wonder and joy!"

I hope your season has been one of wonder and joy, too!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment