Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Kirby Puppy Post

Hello blog-world! My name is Kirby! Aren't I ADORABLE?!


I'm one of the reasons Mom hasn't been around her blog much recently. She's been busy training me, and playing with me, and cleaning up after me, and chasing me off the coffee table, and wrestling things out of my mouth, and cleaning up after me some more, and snuggling with me!

My full name is Kirby Bolesaw Powers. I'm a good boy, but sometimes people think I'm a girl. (Mom didn't know Kirby could be a girl's name. Oops.) I'm actually named after this guy, who is a DUDE despite being pink.

Yup, dude. Go look it up.

I've grown up a lot since Mom and Dad brought me home a few months ago. When I was a baby, I had teeny-tiny piranha teeth and chomped on EVERYTHING. Wanna see my baby pictures? (Of course you do!)



Awwwww! Itty-bitty me is the cutest!


Om nom nom!

This is me snoozing with Uncle Bailey!

Then I got bigger! I had a lot of "firsts"--like my first haircut and first tooth falling out--and Mom and Dad made me go to Puppy Kindergarten. I also had a "big boy" surgery that I'd rather not talk about.








Now I'm 8-months-old and getting more grown up every day! I'm starting to hang out with Mom when she's (trying) to write and illustrate, and sometimes I get to go into work with her. I'm an extra-good boy at the office and the official "Director of Cute."

Mom's home office, where I NEVER get into anything!


Director of Cute reporting for duty!


Spreadsheets are NOT as fun as Facebook videos.

But even though I'm getting to be a big boy now, I'm still a bundle of mischief! I make sure to steal the kitchen towels every day! (And tissues. And paper towels. And Mom's boots. And Dad's pork chops.) I also LOVE playing tug-o-war, booping noses, and giving a bagillion kisses.

I hear there used to be another dog around here named Penny. She sounds like she was pretty awesome. Some people have even told me I have "big shoes to fill." I'm not sure what that means, but Mom and Dad get bizarrely happy whenever I burp. They're weird humans. 

Like when they put me in this box. Seriously, what is wrong with them?!

I'm soooooo happy to meet all you bloggy people! Mom's better at posting photos of me on her Instagram, so if you want to see lots more of me, go follow that. Now excuse me--there's a sock on the floor that needs to be in my mouth. Toodles!

See ya around! (Erm, if Mom gets me a haircut...)
 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm so glad to see Kirby's baby pictures. Totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete