Thursday, June 25, 2015

Back from the Beach!

Guess who's back from the beach!

"Huh?  Kathryn went somewhere?" you ask.  Well, I intended to write a blog post before I left, but I got a bit sidetracked with buying sunscreen and packing and all that good stuff. 

I feel extremely lucky that I got to go on two beach trips this year.  This time, I went to Hilton Head with my family.  It was a wonderful week, and I didn't even come back burnt to a crisp!  Highlights included lots of beach and pool time, sleeping in, eating about 4 cans of Pringles, and puzzling galore.

I also took the world's best sisters picture with my seventeen-year-old sistwerp.

I was rather annoyed with someone off-camera.

 And saw an alligator in the lagoon behind our condo.

Do alligators make good pets?  He was so cute!

And got to spend lots of time with the world's cutest twenty-pound crab.

We did not let the alligator eat our crab.

I was also FINALLY smart enough to bring some clay-working tools with me so I could scribble in the sand properly.  (No doodling with driftwood this year!)  I made a few sand sketches, including this one:


Which I happily colored in Photoshop when I got home.  :)


While I already miss the awesome sand and heat (why, oh why, can't Ohio have more beaches?), I am happy to be home with my hubby and snuggle-puppy again. 

I hope everyone is having a fun summer, and I promise an actual update-post is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment