Monday, April 27, 2015

And Busy Season is DONE!

I hate to admit it, but I have been ignoring this blog recently.  (Please don't hate me!)

I promise it was unintentional.  While I no longer work at an accounting firm, spring and autumn are still the two busiest seasons for me.  At my current job with the Ohioana Library, spring keeps me very (very) busy planning the annual "Ohioana Book Festival."  It's an awesome one-day event celebrating Ohio literature, and this year's festival was the biggest yet with over 100 authors, a new venue, and a ginormous kids' space. 

2015 festival poster art, painted by the talented Jeffrey Ebbeler.

Throw in an SCBWI illustration workshop right in the middle of this season, and let's just say the past few months have been a whirlwind.  (But blissfully free of non-stop tax return processing.  Huzzah!)

The festival just wrapped up this past weekend, and I'm happy to say it was a big success!  Now that my plate is less full, I'm excited to jump back into blogging again.  Things may be a little jumbled around here for a week or two while I do some catch-up posting from the last few months.  This site is also overdue for a bit of spiffing up, like fixing broken links and updating my portfolio page.  I promise things will be back in shipshape soon!

Thanks for bearing with me while I gave you all the silent treatment.  I hope everyone is having a lovely spring and enjoying those beautiful buds and blooms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment