Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tornado Wrangling

Sorry for the few weeks of quiet around here!  Sometimes I think there should be an extreme sport called "Tornado Wrangling."  Essentially, competitors would walk up to an F5 tornado, lasso its tail, and hold on for dear life.  It'd be like professional bull riding, only the bull could throw you across several football fields.  Whoever didn't end up in the hospital would be declared a winner.

That pretty much summarizes my whirlwind September.

This has been a fun, exhausting, stressful, exhilarating month full of too many deadlines converging at the same time.  Much of it consisted of me running around like a maniac trying to get all of my materials ready for the 2014 Northern Ohio SCBWI conference.  The conference was this weekend, and it was AWESOME!

I'm not going to go into the conference details now, but I met so many wonderful people and had such an enjoyable, encouraging experience.  The conference is always a treat, and I'm thrilled that this was the seventh year in a row I've been able to attend.

Now I'm back home and facing the aftermath of my tornado.  And that aftermath is ugly.

The cleaning fairies didn't tidy up while I was gone.

But I can't rest yet, because I've still got that tornado by its tail for another few weeks.  So today I'm catching up on a humongous mail pile, making sure I've got clean underwear, and putting those scissors away before someone pokes their eye out.  (At least I remembered to put the cap back on my X-Acto knife!)  Just a couple more weeks of hard work, and then I can show you all what I've been up to over the last month!

And then I will nap.  I think I need a nap.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment