Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

SPRINGTIME!
Okay, not really, but I did notice this lovely sight on the ground today!

Buds say, "Here we come!"

While I love Christmas and snow (when I don't have to drive in it), winter is not my favorite season.  Dry skin; slippery roads; barren trees; freezing my tushy off each time I step outside--the list of seasonal unpleasantness is long and yucky.  And by mid-February, I think even most ski bunnies have had enough of the season.  

But these little buds are a sign that spring will soon be in the air!  Unfortunately, the weather forecast says that snow will be in the air much sooner.

Buds say, "Oh no!"

Although I'm very happy my hyacinths are ready for warmer weather, they may just be a tad over-enthusiastic this year.  Old Man Winter isn't done with us yet, but there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel and the hope of wonderful things to come.

So bundle up for a few more weeks, snuggle close together, and don't let the winter blahs get you down!  (And if you have some overly-eager buds of your own, do make them some tiny scarves and earmuffs.  They'll appreciate it.)

Buds say, "See you soon!"


Note: Photos and art by me!  If you couldn't tell, I've contracted cabin-fever.  ;)

2 comments: